LooseCrew-JeffO: Healing

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Healing

My weight went as high as 173lbs in the aftermath of my 76 mile training event. It's coming back down. This seems to be my body's reaction to send more nutrients to repair all the micro-tears and depletions in my legs.
Every day, I stretch, walk, elevate my legs and massage.

My blister has mostly stopped hurting, but not completely. The ones that were straight behind the big toes were deep under callous. They were on each foot but the one on the right foot was worse. Each is nearly fully healed.

The one on the side of my right foot is not going to be healed for another month, or maybe as late as the Leadville 100. I don't think it will keep me from racing this weekend.

There are occasional sharp pains and dull pains in my right foot. I'm not sure what these are. It could be the warnings before a stress injury, or it could be the build-up of fluids and concretions that need me to do a decent recovery run to get deep circulation moving.

Tonight, I will walk at Apex trail where DTR is running. Afterwards, we'll all have a BBQ.

3 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIKES. EEEKS. YUCKS.

Good luck with that. ;)

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Peter Lubbers said...

Hi Jeffo,
Sounds like a great training run. Have you tried Balega socks? I recommend giving them a try, they are super comfortable and may do a better job preventing blisters.
See http://www.balegasports.com/home.asp
Take care,
Pete

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger JeffO said...

Meghan, yes, don't attempt to do this at home. I'm a trained professional!

Peter, Dude, I'm an easy sell. At this point, I'm bewildered and aprehensive about this surprise. i'll buy a pair and try it out. If ithey work, I'll spend a small fortune on them.
Someone was showing me some socks last night that looked just like these. (I wasn't listening because he wasn't as good-looking as the woman talking to me at the time.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home