LooseCrew-JeffO: Psychobabble

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

Psychobabble

The ending of The Joy Luck Club still makes me cry. I know this is extremely un-guy-like, but I can't help it. This movie just gets me. Not just the watery eyes either, but having to dab the tears and the sniffly nose.

Now to some guy-stuff! Golly, I sure love pain! Hooyah!
I feel like myself again, now.

My Achilles is healing extremly fast, but I fear there's been too much damage to heal in time for the Jemez 50M this weekend. We'll see. Every week I put Humpty Dumpty back together again, and each weekend I hope not to fall off the wall again.
I was limping this morning, but by noon, I was not. My body wants to run. I feel 100% everywhere except my left ankle and heel. I'm like a caged wild animal. I want to RUN! I can't wait for this weekend. I have no idea what will happen - just doing the best I can.

Had a dental appointment this morning - no time for podiatrist.
Got training class Tuesday - no time for podiatrist.
Need to register my over-due car with emissions test Wednesday - no time for podiatrist.
I can't see out of my glasses, they're so scratched-up and old. I'm practically blind. I need to get a new prescription and glasses/contacts. Jury duty last week. I keep taking so much time off work they're giving me shit that I'm practically never at work anymore. Now I'm also supposed to go to a doctor about my injuries? This is totally not kosher, but I need to fit it in.

I'm officially no longer training. At all. All I do is race, and mend, race, and mend. Last year wasn't like this. Last year I kicked ass. Last year I had my High Priestess, Lucy, giving massages and doing her little prayer-thingy over me. But I started falling in love with her, which was creeping me out since you don't do that with your therapist. And I need to start saving for my son's college, so I had to stop going to Lucy.

This is another disjointed rambling psycho-post, I know. What can I say? It's how I am.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just going out on a limb here, but your race schedule is beyond too heavy. Personally, I hate racing at a fraction of my ability, then wondering, "Hmmm, I wonder how I would've done if..."

Race Jemez and you'll be having surgery on a destroyed tendon. Just a thought.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I know what you mean! I cry every time I watch "Fight Club" with my girl! But then the make-up sex is GREAT!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Olga said...

I rolled my ankle at the Mac last weekend, it didn't hurt 2 minutes after (guess is - endorphines), not Sunday, not even Monday on the run or at the gym. Today it hurt from step on to the end of 8M trail run. And now...even as I sit. Shit! I don't get injured! Oh, well, no time for doctor either. BTW, at my massage school we had a whole class discussing clients falling for an LMT - and vise versa. Heavy stuff, but I see it happening. I fell in love with my chiro some time ago, stopped seeing him as well:)

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Nick said...

The Joy Luck Club! You're kidding, right? That movie is so ridiculously overdone on the emotional drama front it almost hurts. Each to their own, I guess.

Good luck at Jemez this weekend. Don't kill yourself out there, and drop if you have to.

BTW - training is overrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home